over 1 year ago
1 response


I'm no longer able to use my JR pass whilst on my trip to Japan, is it possible to take the exchange order to one of the JR exchange offices and receive a refund? Or do I need to convert to the pass first and then ask for a refund?

Thanks for any help!

12232 posts
over 1 year ago
Expert button 2

Hi there,

You can go to any exchange office and Japan and request a refund there.

Hope this helps,

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Instant Quote

Starting from $259.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 10946 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets.
Or see our range of Regional Passes