questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

professor visa

professor visa

My husband will be traveling to Japan on a 1-year professor visa and I will be accompanying him on a dependent visa. We will actually be staying in Japan for only about 4 months (7/25/12-12/1/12). Do we still fall under the qualifications to use the JR Pass?



Hi there,

Yes - I'm afraid that you both will need to enter Japan under a 'Temporary Visitor' visa in order to be able to use the Japan Rail Pass.

Sorry to be the bearer of such news!

Expert button 2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $257.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.