questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

more than 90 days visa (3 years)

more than 90 days visa (3 years)

I have applied for a 3 years visa . and I read in the terms of the JR Pass that only less than 90 days Visa is acceptable .
the only reason I applied for a 3 years visa is that I don't have to deal with the hassle of applications over and over every time I plan to visit Japan

does this mean im not eligible to buy a JR pass ?? TTTT


Hi there,

I am afraid that only visitors who enter Japan with a single entry tourist visa are eligible for a JR Pass.

The only way would be to buy normal tickets or tour packages in Japan.

Sorry for the bad news!

Expert button 2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $257.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.