questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

jr pass question

JR pass question

Hi, I'm going to japan with my friends who are from the UK, while I am a Malaysian passport holder. If my friends order the pass from here from the UK, will I be able to use it as well? Thanks.


Hi Mojo!

Yes, provided the following applies you will be able to use the JR Pass:

  1. You enter Japan as a "temporary visitor" for no longer than 90 days.
  2. Your friends order the JR Pass from outside Japan
  3. You receive the paper rail pass that we send out (please note the JR Pass is not an electronic ticket)

I hope this helps!

Expert button 2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $254.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.