Order Your JRPass
angeli
angeli
almost 10 years ago
2 responses

Hi
1) Need to find out if I can safely make it to osaka on the shinkansen if I arrive into narita airport at 5.30pm. Will it be too much of a rush??
2) Should I get the 7 day JR if I plan to use it on the 14 Aug when I arrive and then on the 20 Aug back to tokyo from osaka. Worth the cost??

Daniel-san
18835 posts
almost 10 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

1.) Arriving at 5:30pm @ Narita Airport can be a bit of a gamble. The last possible train connection with the JR Pass departs Narita Airport at 18:48. This means that you may run out of time in case of plane delay or long queues at immigration. It may be saver to travel Tokyo, spend the night there and travel on to Osaka the following morning.

2.) I would recommend using a JR Pass for your travel, a normal return ticket Narita Airport - Osaka is ¥ 33,400, the 7 day JR Pass is ¥ 29,110 so you would already be making savings there. The JR Pass is also valid for local travel on the JR Network around Osaka and Tokyo, addicting even more to your savings.

Hope this helps!
Daniel

angeli
angeli
2 posts
almost 10 years ago

Thank you Daniel-san. You are a wealth of information.
Do you think it would be much more expensive if I did not use the JR pass(Nozomi??) and what time would you estimate my arrival into Osaka

Daniel-san
18835 posts
almost 10 years ago
Expert

Hi Again,

All together I would estimate that you could do about 6,000 to 10,000yen in savings with the JR Pass, depending on the amount of local travel that you may do.

The price for a one way ticket Narita Airport - Osaka using the Nozomi is ¥ 17,010, the route all together takes about 248 Minutes (a little over 4 hours).

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes