Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Visiting Japan March 22, 2016 using JR green - 1st class

Ivebryke
Ivebryke
about 8 years ago
2 responses

We are traveling March 22. Arriving in Narita at 4pm. March 23. WE found hotels for Kyoto only for 2 nights March 23 to 25. We will be flying back April 5th. 14 days trip

This is how we are planning the itinerary:
USA to Narita
Kyoto
Kyoto
Nara
Hiroshima
Kumamoto Kumamoto
Kanazawa
Tokyo
Tokyo - Nikko day trip
Tokyo - kamakura day trip
Narita Airpot overnight- USA

I am trying to figure out if this itinerary is good

I already have hotels for Kyoto and Nara.
I'm not sure if the rail train pass can be used all the way?
Do you suggest any changes. I must get hotels to finalize plans. We are flexible, wanting to see culture, cherry blossom and temples, etc.

Help me in the train route, please!

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 8 years ago
Expert

Hello there,

This is a good start! The JR Pass covers travel between all these places and you can make amazing savings compared to purchasing normal tickets.

I must say that I am not completely sure about including Kumamoto, its a long way south, even from Hiroshima. Have a look at the travel times involved using www.hyperdia.com and decide if you want to spend that amount of travelling. As alternative, consider a visit to Takayamatsu from where it is easy to make a day trip to Naoshima.

Also love the visits to Nikko and Kamakura near the end of the trip.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Ivebryke
Ivebryke
2 posts
about 8 years ago

Thank you Daniel-san,
We hace a business meeting in Kumamoto.
My plan is to take trains with Long distancies early and posible rest while traveling. Aldo it will be nice to See The countrysides.

I do wang to go to Nikko. It Serna beautiful. So much beauty and not enough time.
To see the most we can we will be looking for local tour guides for a day. It will be good!
Thank you very much for your response. We received s cancellation from hotel that confirmed and find out no rooms, so the first 2 days we stop in Tokyo and after Kumamoto we will go to Kyoto. Just s bit of change. Hotels in Kyoto are sold out!

Thanks again

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes