Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Tokyo and hokkaido in june 2016

justyantony
justyantony
almost 8 years ago
1 response

Dear JR Pass team,
Can see that JR Pass has been a tremendous step for tourists like us and you guys have been fabulous with ur assistance..
My husband, I and our 5 year old girl would be in Japan from the 23rd june till the 2nd july 2016. I wanted to get some tips regarding our itinerary which would cover predominantly tokyo and hokkaido.
23rd june- reach Tokyo disney resort
25th june- JR train to sapporo
26th- sapporo to asahikawa zoo and stay in asahikawa
27th- furano, biei and back to asahikawa
28th- asahikawa to shiretoko-shari
30th june- shiretoko shari- to sapporo
1st july- sapporo to tokyo
2nd july night flying back to india

my query was- I was wondering doing the JR pass 7 days one- from 25th june to 1st july, would it be too tiring for my 5 year old. or do you suggest us flying out of memanbetsu or kushiro to tokyo in the last leg?

Also which would be the nearest JR station to the disney resort for our trip to sapporo on the 25th?
Looking forward to your suggestions.. Good day..Thanks again for your time, regards-justy

Daniel-san
18832 posts
almost 8 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

Its actually a hard question to answer. You'll be travelling a lot of sure some children totally love rail travel while others are bored within 5 minutes. That said, it is a good idea to bring some entertainment, think of a book, mobile device with games or just good company :) Personally I always loved listening to Audiobooks while traveling.

The JR Station for disneyland is called Maihama and local trains run from there to Tokyo station.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes