Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

My 2015 Japan Trip Check

mattyer20
mattyer20
about 9 years ago
5 responses

Hello All,

Been roaming this post-board and checking up on responses and I would like to request help from this community if it's not too much trouble.

Myself and 2 friends are embarking on our first trip to Japan on April and would like assistance to know if we should purchase a JR Pass, or just pay normal fare rates.

Two variants of our Itinerary.

First one:
11th April -> Osaka Airport Arrival and head to our hotel (Not sure if we should Taxi or Train, going to Hyatt Regency)

13th April -> Osaka -> Kyoto for a Day time then return to Osaka at night
14th April -> Osaka -> Hiroshima for a Day Trip then return at night to Osaka

16th April -> Osaka to Tokyo

From 16th of April to 25th of April will be roaming Tokyo (probably use normal trains and buses from here on)

25th April, Tokyo -> Airport in Tokyo (Sorry I haven't checked the name of Airport)

Second Itinerary.
Same as first, but no Hiroshima Trip.

11th April -> Osaka Airport Arrival and head to our hotel (Not sure if we should Taxi or Train, going to Hyatt Regency)

13th April -> Osaka -> Kyoto for a Day time then return to Osaka at night

16th April -> Osaka to Tokyo

From 16th of April to 25th of April will be roaming Tokyo (probably use normal trains and buses from here on)

25th April, Tokyo -> Airport in Tokyo (Sorry I haven't checked the name of Airport)

In the time period in Osaka, I will be visiting some sight seeing locations (not sure at this point will need to complete a tour check)

Then in Tokyo, same Idea, roaming for sight seeing and all.

Was planning on a 7Day JR pass rather than 14.

Please let me know if a JR pass would be more beneficial or local tickets would be a cheaper option.

mattyer20
mattyer20
5 posts
about 9 years ago

I can't seem to edit my post. But updated Itinerary:

First one:

14th April -> Osaka -> Kyoto for a Day time then return to Osaka at night
15th April -> Osaka -> Hiroshima for a Day Trip then return at night to Osaka

18th April -> Osaka to Tokyo

Second Itinerary.
Same as first, but no Hiroshima Trip.

15th April -> Osaka -> Kyoto for a Day time then return to Osaka at night

From 18th of April to 25th of April will be roaming Tokyo (probably use normal trains and buses from here on)

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 9 years ago
Expert

Hello there,

I checked your itinerary for what would work best. A 7 day JR Pass would be used best if you make a trip to Hiroshima.

Let's have a look at ticket prices

Osaka - Hiroshima ¥ 10,230
Hiroshima - Osaka ¥ 10,230
Osaka - Tokyo ¥ 14,140

For a total of ¥ 34600, the price of a 7 day JR Pass is ¥ 29,110 and would also cover much of your other travel.

At the same time if you don't visit Hiroshima, then it would make more sense to just buy normal tickets.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

mattyer20
mattyer20
5 posts
about 9 years ago

Arigatou gozaimasu Daniel-san,

I have one quick enquiry if that's alright.
From Osaka Airport to say a hotel im Osaka, do you feel that would warrant using the JR Pass (As I read, the day I activate/use it, will begin the 7 day timer).

-- According to travel plans --

mattyer20
mattyer20
5 posts
about 9 years ago

I forgot to add.

Osaka to Kyoto
then
Kyoto to Osaka would it be similar to above prices between Hiroshima and Osaka?

mattyer20
mattyer20
5 posts
about 9 years ago

Hello,

Can i just get a final check if possible here if anyone's available :)

15th April -> Osaka -> Kyoto
15 April (night time) -> Kyoto -> Osaka

From 18th of April to 25th of April will be roaming Tokyo (probably use normal trains and buses from here on)

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 9 years ago
Expert

Hi again!

To start with your arrival, take a train, it's much more economic than a taxi from the airport.

For the later travel I'd advise buying normal tickets as you won't be doing that much travel in terms of ticket prices :)

Hope this helps and have an amazing trip!
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes