Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

February 2016 - Itinerary help

SabApril
SabApril
almost 9 years ago
8 responses

Hi, I am planning a month-long trip in February 2016 and I am hoping you can help me out with my itinerary. I have a plan but I am trying to check it is doable.

1-4 - Tokyo
4-9 - Shiga Kogen (skiing)
9-10 - Tokayama
10-11 - Kanazawa
11-16 - Kyoto - side trip to Uji
16-18 - Iya Valley
18-20 - Osaka
20-21 - Koya-san
21-22 - Ise
22-23 - Nagoya - Nakasendo walk Magome to Tsumago
23-29 - Tokyo - side trip to Kawaguchiko, Nikko

What do you think? Grateful for any suggestions on my itinerary.
Cheers, Sabrina

Daniel-san
18835 posts
almost 9 years ago
Expert

Hello Sabrina,

First impression looks great! I guess that you mean Takayama with Tokayama? The only part I am having some doubts about is walking the route between Magome and Tsumago during February as there may be a lot of snow. However the path does not close or anything.

In terms of a JR Pass, I think it may be worth considering a 21 day JR Pass if you can cover all travel from Shiga Kogen to Tokyo and Nikko with it.

Looks like a very nice trip!
Daniel

SabApril
SabApril
8 posts
almost 9 years ago

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your help. Yes, I meant Takayama not Tokoyama and I'll wait to see what the weather is like for the walk. It is something I would really like to do but being winter I know I may not be able to.

In terms of travel and timing would I be better off with the above or would it be better to go Kanazawa, Takayama, Nagoya and work backwards to Kyoto?

Many thank, Sabrina

Daniel-san
18835 posts
almost 9 years ago
Expert

Hello Sabrina,

There's not that much of a difference, however I think going with option 1 is the better way as Nagoya is directly on the way from Kyoto - Tokyo and makes for a convenient stop over.

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes