Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Family trip to Japan in early Dec 2015

wlfyvonne
wlfyvonne
about 9 years ago
6 responses

Hi,

We are planning for a Free & Easy this year end with 2 primary school kids.
As this is our very first time to Japan and after browsing through some websites, I still find it confusing and hence need some guidance and advices on my below plan.

For this trip we will like to have Ryokan / Onsen / Ski experiences.
We are not sure for early december will there be snow and should we make a last minute plan for the day trip from Tokyo depending on the weather (Either to ski resort or Mount Fuji/Hakone)?

Is a 7-days JR pass good enough for the below itinerary from Day 2 to 9?

Day 1 (Sat: 5Dec) - Arrive at Haneda airport (9pm) - JR pass counter already closed -
overnight near Tokyo station hotel (by Airport Limousine) or just stay at Haneda airport?
Day 2 (Sun) - Collect JR pass at Tokyo station - Tokyo city - Check-in Disney hotel
Day 3 (Mon) - Disneyland
Day 4 (Tues) - DisneySea
Day 5 (Wed) - Disney Hotel -> Osaka Ryokan -> Onsen nearby? -> F&E at Osaka Namba area
Day 6 (Thurs) - Day trip to Kyoto / Nara
Day 7 (Fri) - Osaka -> Tokyo (Shinjuku)
Day 8 (Sat: 12Dec) - Day trip to Ski Resort Gala Yuzawa or Mount Fuji/Hakone ?
Day 9 (Sun) - Tokyo City
Day 10 (Mon) - Tokyo City
Day 11 (Tues) - Depart from Haneda morning flight

Welcome all comments and advices.
Thanks.

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 9 years ago
Expert

Hello there,

Yes a 7 day JR Pass would be the best option for you. Be sure to use it to travel to Kyoto and Gala Yuzawa to ge the most out of the JR Pass.

Personally I would recommend a visit to Gala Yuzawa, you can be sure of snow in December and it is easy to access from Tokyo.

For your arrival at Haneda Airport, arrival at 9 pm should give you enough time to travel to your accommodation. There are few hotels near Haneda, so it is better to look for one in Tokyo itself.

Looks like a great plan btw! Especially with kids in mind.

Let me know if I can help with anything else :)
Daniel

wlfyvonne
wlfyvonne
6 posts
about 9 years ago

Thanks Daniel-san!

Will it be better to activate my 7 days JR pass from:
A) Day 2 to Day 8 since Day 3&4 will be at Disney resort area
B) Day 4 to Day10 since Day 9&10 at Tokyo City. May just travel around Shinjuku/Shibuya/ Harajuku area

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes