Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

15 days Japan Trip

TravelBugs
TravelBugs
almost 7 years ago
2 responses

Hello there,

I would like to find out what would be the best transportation pass for my 15 days in Japan considering the following itinerary:

Arrived in KIX, Osaka - direct to Hiroshima with shinkansen
Day 1-3 Hiroshima - Miyajima
Day 3-5 Kyoto
Day 5-6 Nara
Day 6-10 Osaka (with another day trip to Kyoto to meet my sister)
Day 10-15 Tokyo + Disney Sea
Departed from Narita, Tokyo

I'm thinking to get this pass for this trip:

Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass 5 days - for my first 5 days
Kansai Area Pass 5 days - for Nara, Kyoto, Osaka area
Buy Osaka - Tokyo shinkansen ticket (one way) + Tokyo - Narita Airport (one way)

This is my first trip to Japan, and found out the transportation pass in Japan is confusing :) Please help.

I knew that the Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass covered the shinkansen from KIX to Hiroshima, plus the Miyajima Ferry too, and from Hiroshima to Kyoto too, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Is the 7 days JRP worth it for this trip? which I thought, it won't.

Do I need another local transportation pass like Osaka Amazing Pass or may ICOCA or maybe SUICA?
What's the best card to use for my trip from city to city and to getting round each city without any headache? LOL

Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks
Nat

Daniel-san
18836 posts
almost 7 years ago
Expert

Hello Nat,

A 7 day JR Pass would have been good if you could also travel to Tokyo with it. As your itinerary it now, it would make more sense to look at tickets such as the Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass.

For local options. It is important to recognise the difference between something like Suica, which is just an electronic but very convenient way of paying and a discount card like the Osaka Amazing Pass. The latter options gives good value if you plan on visiting sights that are included, while you'd just get a SUICA for the sake of convenience.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

TravelBugs
TravelBugs
2 posts
almost 7 years ago

Hi Daniel-san,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. But the last 7 days I only use it for one trip from Osaka to Tokyo, according to the rail pass calculator, it won't pay off, should I buy a normal ticket instead of a 7 day JR Pass?

What do you think?

Thank you,
Nat

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $336.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17457 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes