questions & answers: general japan travel

question for exchange student

Question for exchange student

Will I be able to get a pass for 42 days? I'm going on summer exchange to Japan in 2016 and it would be helpful if I could get a pass for the 7 weeks I'm there, and will this work on any train system?


Hi there,

While you can purchase as many JR Pass as you like, be sure that are are eligible for the JR Pass, meaning that you enter Japan under a Tourist Visa and not a student visa.

The JR Pass is valid for all trains nationwide but not for transport run by other companies. We have a full map to help you on your way.

Hope this helps,

Expert button 2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $257.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.