Order Your JRPass
Back to General Japan Travel

Japan Holiday Sun 15 May to Mon 30 May, 2016

Franko
Franko
almost 8 years ago
3 responses

Hi it is Frank here.
I will be travelling from Sydney to Japan for holiday.
Itinary:
Arrive Osaka on Sunday 15 May 1740 hr/5.40pm Kansai International Airport.
Stay 15/16/17 May 16, Hotel MyStays Sakaisuji-Honmachi. Address: Chuo-ku Awajimachi 1-4-8, Chuo Ward, Osaka,
Wed 18 May travel Osaka to Hiroshima
Stay 18 & 19 May 16. Chisun Hotel, Hiroshima, Address: Hiroshima, Naka-ku Nobori-cho 14-7
Fri 20 May travel Hiroshima to Kyoto
Stay 20/21/22 May 16. Sakura Terrace, Kyoto. Address: 1-1 Karasuma-cho, Higashi-kujo, Kyoto, Kyoto-fu, 601-8016
Mon 23 May travel Kyoto to Takayama
Stay 23 & 24 May 16. Country Hotel Takayama. Address: Hanazatocho 6-38, Takayama, 506-0026
Wed 25 May. travel Takayama to Hakone
Stay 25 & 26 May 16. Hakone Hotel Kowakien. Address: Ninotaira 1297, Hakone, 250-0407
Fri 27 May travel Hakone to Tokyo
Stay 27 & 28 May 16. Tokyu Stay Nihombashi. Address: Chuo-ku Nihonbashi Honcho 4-7-9, Chuo Ward,Tokyo103-0023
Sun 29 May travel Tokyo to Osaka
Stay 29 May 16. Daiwa Roynet Hotel Osaka-Yotsubashi. Address:Nishi-ku Shinmachi 1-10-12, Osaka 550-0013
Mon 30 May 16. Leave Osaka for home 8.20pm from Kansai Internationsl Airport..

Question 1. Is it better to but a JR rail pass for this period or single tickets. If JR pass which one.
Question 2. Can I use JR Rail pass Osaka to Hiroshima.
Question 3. Can I use JR rail pass Hiroshima to Kyoto.
Question 3. Can I use JR rail pass Kyoto to Takayama.
Question 4. Can I use JR rail pass Takayama to Hakone.
Question 5. Can I use JR rail pass Hakone to Tokyo.
Question 6. Can I use JR rail pass Tokyo to Osaka

Question 7. What should I not miss seeing at each of these locations.
Thank you
Frank

Daniel-san
18832 posts
almost 8 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

1.) Yes, I certainly recommend using a 14 day JR Pass. There is plenty of travel going from Kansai - Hiroshima - Takayama - Hakonte - Tokyo and back to Osaka. In short, you'll make great savings compared to purchasing normal tickets.

As for questions 2-6. The JR Pass covers travel between all these places. For Hakone it is good to know that the Shinkansen station is Odawara, though local travel in Hakone is not included in the JR Pass. Here you can look at a Hakone Free Pass.

In Hiroshima I would definitely visit Miyajima and the peace memorial museum. In Kyoto, Kyomizudera, Fushimi Inari and Nishiki Market are my personal favourites and in Osaka I would visit Shinsaibashi/Dotonbori, Namba and Shinsekai for sure.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Franko
Franko
3 posts
almost 8 years ago

Thank you Daniel. If you know of any other advice you could give it would be appreciated.
If anyone else can help ???

Daniel-san
18832 posts
almost 8 years ago
Expert

Is there any specific part you'd like feedback on?

Franko
Franko
3 posts
almost 8 years ago

Yes please the use of the JR rail pass for the sectors we will travel.

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes