Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Best value for money

Hector
Hector
almost 6 years ago
1 response

Hi there,
I just wanted to check with you what the best option for me is for my trip.
I land in Tokyo (Haneda) on the 16th of July
4 nights in Tokyo (including probably a day trip to Kamakura - does the rail pass cover this?)
20th July train Tokyo-Osaka
22nd July train Osaka-Kyoto
27th July train Kyoto-Hiroshima
29th July train to Sendai
4th August train to Tokyo
6th August fly from Haneda airport

I was wondering if a 3 week pass is the best option to cover all of this or if a 2 week pass and pay for the extra tickets would be better? (taking into account airport transfers as well) Also would the 3 week pass cover both my airport transfers or would I be one day short?
Thanks for your help,
Hector

Daniel-san
18835 posts
almost 6 years ago
Expert

Hi Hector,

Yes, the JR Pass covers travel into Tokyo and to Kamakura. If you activate the JR Pass on the 16th, then the last day would be the 5th of August so you'd miss 1 day.

In terms of travel going to Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Sendai and back to Tokyo is what will cost the most by far. As this period is counted as 15 days, I would go with a 21 day Japan Rail Pass and then buy 1 way to the airport.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes