JRPass Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
JRPass Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, mailing address and postcode.
- Details about your computer/access point and about your visits to and use of the JRPass.com website. Including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- Details relating to transactions carried out between you and us.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Email correspondence and any other type of information that you may send to us.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and processing of orders.
- Administration and provision of services on the website.
- Personalisation of the website.
- Communications updating you on order progress, or dealing with enquiries and complaints.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. This will happen only in cases when you have opted in or specifically requested such communications.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. In this case we will contact you by email only.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our data is secure on password and firewall protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us are encrypted using SSL technology.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
International data transfers
Information that you provide may be transferred to countries such as but not limited to the United States and Japan. Countries, which may not have data protection laws that are equivalent to those in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us in writing. Please see our Contact us page for details.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are required by law to do so or in the defence of our legal rights.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable (currently £10). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please Contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please Contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This policy is effective from 1st September 2009.