Order Your JRPass
asher123
asher123
over 8 years ago
6 responses

Hi

I am planning to go to Tokyo on 07/03/2016 till 17/03/2016,I booked an hotel in Tokyo for the all period, I plan to do 2 day trips to Kyoto and 1 day trip to Osaka, can you tell me what the earliest time I can leave Tokyo and what time the latest time I can leave Kyoto or Osaka back to Tokyo so I won't miss the last subway back to my hotel?
It obviously looks that a JR pass for 7 days will be the best option, I just wonder if I can manage the time.
also where should I take the bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto and Osaka?

Thanks in advance
Asher

Daniel-san
18830 posts
over 8 years ago
Expert

Hi Ashes,

As a general rule, train service starts at 6 am ands end at 0:00 midnight. For instance if Tokyo - Kyoto takes 3h by train, the last train will depart around 9 pm. You can use Hyperdia to look up exact times, these may change a little from time to time so it is best to check yourself for the dates that you want to travel.

The 7 day JR Pass is about the same price as a normal return ticket Tokyo - Osaka or Tokyo - Kyoto, so you'll save big if you make two trips!

Bullet trains depart from Tokyo and Shinagawa stations in Tokyo, the Shinkansen station for Kyoto is simply Kyoto and for Osaka it is called Shin-Osaka.

Does that help?
Daniel

asher123
asher123
6 posts
over 8 years ago

Thanks Daniel for your speed reply

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes