questions & answers: using the japan rail pass

trip in march 2016

Trip in March 2016

Hi

I am planning to go to Tokyo on 07/03/2016 till 17/03/2016,I booked an hotel in Tokyo for the all period, I plan to do 2 day trips to Kyoto and 1 day trip to Osaka, can you tell me what the earliest time I can leave Tokyo and what time the latest time I can leave Kyoto or Osaka back to Tokyo so I won't miss the last subway back to my hotel?
It obviously looks that a JR pass for 7 days will be the best option, I just wonder if I can manage the time.
also where should I take the bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto and Osaka?

Thanks in advance
Asher

asher123
asher123

Hi Ashes,

As a general rule, train service starts at 6 am ands end at 0:00 midnight. For instance if Tokyo - Kyoto takes 3h by train, the last train will depart around 9 pm. You can use Hyperdia to look up exact times, these may change a little from time to time so it is best to check yourself for the dates that you want to travel.

The 7 day JR Pass is about the same price as a normal return ticket Tokyo - Osaka or Tokyo - Kyoto, so you'll save big if you make two trips!

Bullet trains depart from Tokyo and Shinagawa stations in Tokyo, the Shinkansen station for Kyoto is simply Kyoto and for Osaka it is called Shin-Osaka.

Does that help?
Daniel

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert_button_2

Thanks Daniel for your speed reply

asher123
asher123

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $254.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.