Pls advise on the Itinerary (18/3 - 30/3)
18/3 to 19/3 Travelling within Tokyo Area but start to use 7 days of JR Pass from 20/3 to 26/3.
I would like to know whether the JR Pass covered the following train line & area:
1) 20/3:- Hotel Shinjuku to Disneyland
2) 21/3:- Shinjuku to Odaiba, Tokyo tower, Roppongi
3) 22/3:- Shinjuku to Tsukiji, Ginza, Imperial Palace East Garden, Tokyo Sky Tree, Akihabara Electric Town
4) 23/3:- Hotel Shinjuku to Mt Fuji
5) 24/3:- Mt Fuji to Nagoya
6) 25/3:- Nagoya to Takayama
7) 26/3:- Takayama to Kyoto
27/3- Travel within Kyoto by daily bus
Your kind advice on the above mentioned is much appreciated.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Hi Samuel Chong,
The JR Pass covers all lines on the JR network, including all Shinkansen (bullet trains), these lines are generally marked with JR on the front, such as the JR Yamanote line and Chuo line in Tokyo. Here is a map with all lines covered in Tokyo. Note that other kinds of transport such as the metro are not covered by the JR Pass.
Except for the Metro/Subway the other part not covered in your itinerary is the bus to around Takayama.
I hope this helps!
Order your Japan Rail Pass Online
Starting from $252.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel