Order Your JRPass
Back to Using the Japan Rail Pass

JR Pass - Green Carriage (January 2015)

leisa
leisa
over 9 years ago
1 response

Hi,
I am wanting to buy 2 x 7 day JR rail passes for my partner and I in the green carriage for the following itinerary and just have a few questions..

1. Are all of my trips below covered by a JR pass and do all routes offer the green carriage/first class?
  2. Can I prebook the first class seats now for travel in December/January? I am prebooking all accommodation and do not want to run the risk of missing a train and not being able to make my next destination.
  3. We will have a large suitcase as I will be away for over 2 weeks, is there a luggage limit?

1st January - Hiroshima to Osaka
3rd January - Osaka to Kyoto
5th January - Kyoto to Hakone/Fuji
6th January - Hakone/Fuji to Tokyo

Thanks Leisa

Daniel-san
18832 posts
over 9 years ago
Expert

Hi Leisa,

1.) Yes all of the above routes are covered. Please note that travel within Hakone is not supplied by the JR Pass, and normal tickets may be required.

2.) It is unfortunately not possible to reserve seats before you arrive in Japan. However there are many seats available and in general it rarely happens that a train is fully booked. Trains may be busy though around New Year and I would recommend making the seat reservations the moment that you arrive in Japan.

3.) Taken from the official guide lines: You may bring up to two pieces of baggage on board free of charge. For each bag the total of the length, width and height must not exceed 250 centimeters, the length must not exceed two meters and the weight must be no more than 30 kilograms. This is not strictly enforced as it is at airports, however luggage may be refused if it inconveniences other passengers.

Hope this helps!
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes