Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

October 2013 Travel

Judyg5157
Judyg5157
over 10 years ago
2 responses

Traveling to Japan on our own in October. We are planning to purchase a 7-day JR rail pass. Is this itinerary doable?

10/4/13 Arrive in Fukuoka
10/6/13 Depart for Kurosawa Onsen via bus
10/7/13 Kurosawa to Fukuoka to Hiroshima
10/8/13 Hiroshima Memorial & Miyajima Island
10/9/13 Hiroshima to Kyoto
10/12/13 Kyoto to Fukuoka

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 10 years ago
Expert

Hi there!

Yes this itinarary is certainly doable and I think it will be a lot of fun too!
Fukuoka has always been my home town in Japan and I think that alone is worth your trip. Both Kyoto and Hiroshima are amazing too! The longest route you will travel is Kyoto - Fukuoka which takes 3-4 hours, this is certainly doable, just be sure to bring a good book to keep yourself entertained.

Have a great trip!
Daniel

Judyg5157
Judyg5157
2 posts
over 10 years ago

Thank you Daniel-san. One more thing, I am thinking I should purchase a first class pass. Do you think it'll be worth it? Is there first class seating on the routes that I will be taking? I am so excited to see Japan where my ancestors migrated from to Hawaii. It's going to be awesome!

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 10 years ago
Expert

Hi Again!

Green Class in Kyushu is really nice! When I first came to Japan I was soooo impressed by the Shinkansen and thought that normal class already was 1st class compared to trains elsewhere in the world (looking at the UK in particular). Than last March I had the change to explore Japan on a 3 week Green Pass and now I don't want to go back to normal. Normal class already is amazing the first time that you come to Japan but Green really puts the cherry on the top!

I really think that a Green Class Pass is money well spend but you have to be in the position to spend it. That's why I would recommend a normal pass to most people however.

PS if by Kurosawa you mean Kurokawa than you can use the JR to travel to either Aso or Kumamoto and take to bus from there to save some money (it's also a good excuse to get an Eki-Bento).

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes