Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

New Shinkansen Schedule Effective April 2011

rsonomura
rsonomura
about 13 years ago
9 responses

I am planning to purchase a 7 day pass for our trip in April. Using Hyperdia train schedule, I set up a few itineraries to meet relatives. The schedules were incorrect according to cousins. Some trains were non-existent for the time schedule I had selected. They checked it online in Japanese.

I understand the new JR schedule will be implemented in April, and Hyperdia has not uploaded new schedule for my April soujourn. What websites can I use to plan my trip which reflects the schedule which is to be implemented in April? I cannot read Japanese; there is a JR schedule in Japanese which reflects the new April schedule.

Please advise.

Aloha.Ruby

mari
1950 posts
about 13 years ago
Expert

Hi Ruby,

JR still haven't updated a lot of their online databases that take into account the new shinkansen that are launching next month. I've checked on some alternative english sites, like jorudan and Google Maps directions, and some Japanese ones like Ekitan and they all use the same slightly out of date data from a company called Kotsushinbunsha.

The times won't differ greatly but if you can get the name of the site your cousins used, or let me know your itinerary in more detail I'd be happy to confirm or help you plan your trip !

rsonomura
rsonomura
9 posts
about 13 years ago

Aloha Mari:

I am so impressed with the speed of your response. Mahalo! (Thank you in Hawaiian)

FYI:
Jourdan didn't work for me as a Rail pass user because it favors Nozomi for distance. I could not get Jourdan to utilize the Hikari, Kodama or other shinkansen traveling south bound from TYO to Tokushima so I reverted to using Hyperdia only to learn from my cousin that my train schedule was all off.

Thanks, I will email my train schedule to you under separate cover.

Mahalo nui loa,
Ruby

mari
1950 posts
about 13 years ago
Expert

Thanks Ruby, no problems. Thanks for the tip about Jorudan. It's a real pain that non have updated their sites with the new information!

Look forwards to hearing from you soon.

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes