28/4 arrive Narita
29/4 Nippori-Aomori
30/4 Aomori - Hirosaki
1/5 Amori- Hakodate
2/5 Hakodate - Hachinohe
3/5 Hachinohe - Koshigaya-Laketown - Niigata
4/5 Niigata
5/5 Niigata-Kanaguchi-Narita

Can a JR Pass for 7 days cover the whole trip?
As the trip falls in the Golden week, do you think reservation till I arrive Tokyo on 28/4 will be too late?
After I reserve the seat, can I change to earlier train in case I can reach the station earlier?
Any comment or advise on the above itinerary?

cch
cch

Hello there,

Interesting Tohoku itinerary! The JR Pass covers all rail travel between the above cities and you can make very good savings over normal tickets.

Goldenweek is pretty busy but I think that you will be fine reserving tickets on the 28th. Alternatively you may use Eki Net to reserve seats for Tohoku in advance.

You are allowed to change your ticket if you want to take an earlier or later train. As long as seats are available of course.

I think the itinerary looks good, are you possibly planning to view the Sakura in Tohoku? Also interested in your plans for Hachinohe. A very interesting visit near Aomori is Shimokita.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert_button_2

Hi Daniel,
I have tried to reserve the ticket according to my itinerary thru Eki Net. I successfully reserve the ticket from Ueno yo Shin Aomori but cannot find the way to reserve the ticket to and from
Shin-Aomori & Aomori,
Aomori & Hirosako,
Aomori & Hakodate,
Omiya & Koshigaya-laketown
Omiya & Kawaguchi

pls advise

cch
cch

Hi there,

Unfortunately those can't be booked for various reasons. Some trains don't have seat reservations and others are outside of the JR East area.

You'll have to get the tickets once you are in Japan. All these routes are relatively minor and I don't think that you will have any problem getting the tickets.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert_button_2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $282.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.