Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Japan Travel between 27 Feb - 9 Mar 2013

Kaych
Kaych
over 11 years ago
3 responses

Hi there,

I am hoping you may be able to provide us with some advise on our travel plan.

27 Feb - 3 Mar - Narita to Tokyo
3 Mar - 4 Mar - Tokyo to Hakone
4 Mar - 6 Mar - Hakone to Kyoto
6 Mar - 8 Mar - Kyoto to Mie Perfecture (a friend lives there)
8 Mar - 9 Mar - Mie to Tokyo
9 Mar - Tokyo to Narita

My plan was to buy the Keisei Skyliner + 2 day Tokyo pass to use first and depending on how much we are going to travel in Tokyo, we will buy the 1 or 2 day passes or just single journeys.

We plan to then activate the 7-day railpass on Sunday 3 Mar and will use all rail travels with this pass. We can then use the pass to take the train back from Tokyo to Narita on 9 Mar (Sat).

Are you able to advise what additional tickets/ passes we need to purchase during our trip? In particular, in Hakone and Kyoto. Are you able to advise which routes and trains are covered by the Railpass and which are not please?

Many Thanks.

mari
1950 posts
over 11 years ago
Expert

Hi there!

Looks like a great trip!

Assuming you're going to Tsu in Mie, then I think your purchase will look like:

1. Keisei Skyliner + 2 day metro pass
  2. 7 day JR Pass
  3. Hakone Free Pass 2 days from Odawara
  4. Possibly (and only possibly!) a Kyoto [bus or subway pass]

The main reason why I say "maybe a pass for Kyoto" is that a lot of the charm of this city is in exploring on foot (or by bike). Unless you already have a mapped out itinerary for the city, then I recommend purchasing tickets as you go on the subway or bus. If you have clear travel plans, then the bus and metro passes in the link above will be great.

Aside from Hakone and within Kyoto your travel should be covered by the JR Pass (assuming you are going to a JR station in Mie!).

Hope this helps!

Kaych
Kaych
3 posts
over 11 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just checked that I think my friends lives in Yokkaichi City in Mie, I have also clicked around on this site and found many useful information. I checked from the Hyperdia website that I could travel from Kyoto - Nagoya - Yokkaichi. I presume the JR Pass will be valid for this journey? as I have unchecked some of the options as instructed in the video.

Amazing website with excellent advice! I will be ordering our JR Pass from you guys soon! :)

mari
1950 posts
over 11 years ago
Expert

Thanks for the feedback!

Yep, Yokkaichi has it's own JR station (JR Yokkaichi), so you should have full coverage with the JR Pass for that trip.

Hope this helps!

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 11 years ago
Expert

Hi There,

Very nice itinerary you got there! Still hope to visit Ise-Shima in Mie-ken myself someday.

To your in itinerary, most of your travel is covered by the JRPass, however it does not cover the full trip to Hakone.
When you travel to Hakone on the 3rd, I would recommend that you use your JR Pass to travel to Odawara and buy a two day Hakone Freepass there for 3900Yen. You can use this pass to travel around in the Hakone area with most kinds of transportations (including the Hakone ropeway).
When you travel to Kyoto you can use the Hakone Freepass to travel back to Odawara and from there use your JR Pass to travel with the Bullet Train to Kyoto.

If you plan to see a lot in Kyoto, consider buying an all day bus pass for 500Yen or all day bus+metro pass for 1200Yen. More information on these passes can be found Here and can be bought at any Tourist Information Centre.

I don't know exactly where you will travel in Mie.
If you tell me the place name of your destination there, then I can look it up and give you some better travel advise.

The rest of your journey is covered by the JR Pass.

Let me know if you have more questions!
-Daniel

Daniel-san
18835 posts
over 11 years ago
Expert

Was typing a replay when your question already got answered by Mari. Seems she beat me to it :)

Have a good trip!

mari
1950 posts
over 11 years ago
Expert

:D

Kaych
Kaych
3 posts
over 11 years ago

Thanks Daniel for the additional advice! This site is really amazing. You have provided additional information for me to consider and the pricing and links that you have put in your posts are also particular useful for our budgeting :)

Thanks all, keep up the good work!!

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes