Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Hakuba to Kyoto 29 March 2015

Leung-san
Leung-san
about 9 years ago
4 responses

Hi

I'm planning on travelling to Kyoto from Hakuba via jr from 9am this Sunday.

Noticed the train change at Shinano-Omachi is only 2-3 min. Is this enough time to change trains with kids and luggage at this station. I don't have a sense of how far I need to walk to make the train. Is it just walking across a platform or is the walk longer than this.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 9 years ago
Expert

Hi Chris,

Could you like the route that you are looking at? This way I can verify the route.

Shinano-Omachi is a very small station with only 3 platforms, there's a good chance that the train will be waiting at the other side of the platform. Otherwise just follow the stream of people to the next train. I don't think that you can miss t.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Leung-san
Leung-san
4 posts
about 9 years ago

Hi Daniel. This is very helpful. Below is a summary of the hyperdia itinerary. Only allows 3 min. Assume since its a suggested. Itinerary it must be doable. Also we will have 2 suitcases. Is there much storage on these trains?

Thanks
Chris

Time Route

09:02
begin HAKUBA
Station timetable | Add to favorite

[29 Min] through
JR Oito Line
Train timetable | Interval timetable

09:31
09:34
transfer SHINANO-OMACHI
Station timetable | Add to favorite

[63 Min] through
JR Oito Line

10:37
10:50
transfer MATSUMOTO
[ Arrival track No.6 / Departure track No.1 ] Station timetable | Add to favorite
¥6,800 [131 Min] through
LTD. EXP (WIDE VIEW) SHINANO 8

13:01
13:11
transfer NAGOYA
[ Arrival track No.11 / Departure track No.16 ] Station timetable | Add to favorite

[36 Min] through
SHINKANSEN HIKARI 469

13:47
end KYOTO [ Arrival track No.14 ] Add to favorite

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 9 years ago
Expert

Hi again!

I checked the route for you in Hyperdia, and as it turns out, there's likely no transfer. Instead you can remain on board the same train that will continue Matsumoto. (I am pretty sure of this but be sure to check at the station).

These are local servecis and don't have special luggage compartments. However there should be enough space to place them overhead the seats or near the doors.

This is also confirmed by access website such as this one and this one. As there's no mention of further transfers after Matsumoto.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Leung-san
Leung-san
4 posts
about 9 years ago

Hi Daniel. Thanks for looking into this. Really helpful advice
Much appreciated.

Cheers

Daniel-san
18835 posts
about 9 years ago
Expert

You are more than welcome!

Have a good trip!

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17329 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes