7 days JR Pass
Hi, i'm going to Japan for 11 days, and i am thinking of purchasing a 7 Days JR Pass. Here is my itinerary;
1) arrive at tokyo around 10 am, heading towards my hotel near Suidobashi
2) strolling around ginza, shibuya, visiting gotemba factory outlet
3) visiting harajuku, asakusa temple, tokyo skytree, and around
4) going to kyoto by shinkashen (morning), then visiting kiyomizu dera
5) strolling around kyoto, visiting fushimi inari shrine
6) strolling around kyoto
7) going to osaka by shinkanshen (morning)
8) strolling around osaka
9) strolling around osaka, then heading back to tokyo by shinkanshen (night) to the same hotel when i first arrive
10) visiting ikebukuro, ueno park
11) heading back to my country at about 6pm
So i notice that my JR Pass can't cover my entire trip, and so:
Thankyou for your help :)
The 7 day JR Pass is about the same price as a normal return ticket Tokyo - Kyoto/Osaka using the Shinkansen. From there any other travel you can cover with it is basically what you can save.
The Narita Express costs about 3,000yen for a one way ticket. You can however purchase a 4.000yen discounted return ticket.
The JR Pass can be activated at most major stations in Tokyo. Including Tokyo, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Shinagawa stations. For more information see this page.
Hope you find this useful,
Order your Japan Rail Pass Online
Starting from $282.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel