Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

10days itinerary on Nov2016 (Tokyo > Osaka > Kyoto > Tokyo)

Colecole
Colecole
over 7 years ago
5 responses

Hi, I'll be going to Japan in beginning Nov2016 and would appreciate if you could assist to review the following planned itinerary. At the same time, I've also purchased the 7 days Japan Rail Pass and wish to fully utilize it with the following plan/routes:

Day 1 (Sat) - Haneda Airport, Tokyo (arrive at night 1030PM and will overnight at airport)
Day 2 (Sun) - Osaka (plan to leave earlier from Tokyo airport to Osaka, maybe depart at 6-7am)
Day 3 (Mon) - Osaka
Day 4 (Tue) - Kyoto (will take transport that covered by JR pass from Osaka to Kyoto in the morning, is it possible?)
Day 5 (Wed) - Kyoto
Day 6 (Thu)- Kyoto
Day 7 (Fri) - Tokyo (will take transport that covered by JR pass from Kyoto to Tokyo in the morning, is it possible?)
Day 8 (Sat) - Tokyo (day trip to Hakone)
Day 9 (Sun) - Tokyo
Day 10 (Mon) - Tokyo (leaving tokyo at night 1030PM)

I would need for the itinerary above be covered by the JR Pass, including the Hakone area, truly appreciate your advise :)

Thanks in advance! :)

Daniel-san
18832 posts
over 7 years ago
Expert

Hi there,

The JR Pass will give you great savings here and I recommend using it from day 2-day 8.

Travel to Osaka, Kyoto and back to Tokyo is all included and no additional tickets are required. Trains start service around 6 am, so you can leave as early as you want.

For travel to Hakone, travel on the Shinkansen Tokyo and Odawara is included. Odawara is the bullet train station for Hakone, from there however local (non-JR) transport is required to explore the area.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Colecole
Colecole
5 posts
over 7 years ago

Great, many thanks for your info, appreciate ;)

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes