Order Your JRPass
Back to General Japan Travel

Train service from Kansai International Airport to Shin-Osaka after 2300hours

junus555
junus555
over 10 years ago
3 responses

I will be going to Osaka for 6 days in May 2014. I will be arriving in Kansai Airport at 2230hours by an Air Asia flight. I have a hotel reservation in Nishinari-ku Taishi ( Near Shin-Osaka ). Could anyone inform me whether there are still train or bus services during that hours to Shin-Osaka. I know that taxi fares are very expensive and thus I am inclined to take a train or bus to my hotel.

1. I have planned to tour other cities such as Kyoto,Kobe,Nagoya from Osaka hotel. Is it a wise and economical strategy? Should I travel to these cities and check in a hotel in each city that I visit. I am thinking that I could travel from my hotel to other cities using train( Japan Rail Pass ).

I would appreciate advice and information from anyone. Thank you

Daniel-san
18832 posts
over 10 years ago
Expert

Hi there!

Yes there train services after 23:00 but the last depart Kansai Airport at 23:09 which may be tricky in case of flight delays. So you may want to consider staying near the Airport for the first night.

As traveling around Kansai (Kyoto, Kobe, Osaka and Nara), distances are not far apart and you can reach any city within 60 minutes. This means that you can simply make your base at one of these places and make day trips to other places. This really saves you from having to carry your luggage around.

Hope this helps!
Daniel

junus555
junus555
3 posts
over 10 years ago

Dear Daniel San,

Thank you for your elaboration on my travel to Osaka. I May consider staying at any hotel around the airport. Would it be possible for me to sit at the arrival hall to wait for the first train to Shin-Osaka at 5.00am. Would you suggest a hotel location convenient for travel from the airport. I have two hotel options: one in Nishinari-Ku Taishi and the one is in Yodogawa-ku Higashi-Mikuni.

Advise on the matter is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Abdullah Junus

Daniel-san
18832 posts
over 10 years ago
Expert

Dear Abdullah,

I don't have a hotel in particular that I would recommend but I would try to stay near Rinku town or Izumisano. These are the stations closest to Kansai Airport and different hotels offer nightly rates starting around 4,000yen.

You could also just stay at the Airport itself and wait for the first train around 5 a.m. This of course saves you money for the accommodations. There's a 24H area at Kansai Airport with an internet lounge and mcDonalds, among other shops.

From Nishinari-Ku Taishi from your two options is closest to Kansai Airport, so I would go for that one if you do want to go into the city on the night of arrival.

Have a great trip!
Daniel

junus555
junus555
3 posts
over 10 years ago

Thank you for your tips. I will explore a hotel around the airport otherwise I will stay at McD while waiting for the 1st train to the hotel in Nishiari-Ku Taishi.

Regards.

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $343.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17323 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes