questions & answers: general japan travel

seat reservation required - narita to kyoto 27/12?

Seat reservation required - Narita to Kyoto 27/12?

Hello,

I plan to travel with my family (5 with children) from Narita (arriving from Europe) to Kyoto on the 27/12. We like to take the Narita Express and Nozomi to Kyoto the same day (around 13:00). Will we need a seat reservation?

Regards,

Ralf

99turbo
99turbo

Hello Ralf,

I would recommend getting seat reservations if you travel with a larger party, this way you are sure of seating together.

The Narita Express is by reservation only in any case.

Kind regards,
Daniel

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert_button_2

Hello Daniel,

thanks for your answer. JTP europe made me an offer for tickets but incl. a charge of 400,- Euro for service and delivery at the airport.

How big is the risk to not get a ticket / seat when I book right after arrival? Especially on at this timeframe (27/12)?

Regards,

Ralf

99turbo
99turbo

Hi Ralf,

I must say that it's a bit risky. I've seen that days like these can be completely sold out and having to stand for a couple of hours is not a lot of fun.

At the same time it is quite a bit of money and days that everything is sold out are rare. I can't tell you what it will be like exactly but hopefully this will give you an idea.

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert_button_2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $254.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.