questions & answers: general japan travel

cherry blossom 2016

Cherry Blossom 2016

My husband and I will arrive to Tokyo (Narita airport) at the end of March 2016 and we are planning to travel to Kyoto and stay there the weekend for the cherry blossom. We will need to be in Shonan for my husband's work following Monday, but I am free to visit Tokyo and areas around until our departure ( a week after our arrival to Tokyo)

We plan to use train or bullet train (if needed from Tokyo to Kyoto to save time since it will be a short stay in Japan). Your advise on what kind of train pass to buy and where to visit around Shonan or Tokyo is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

HNguyen
HNguyen

Hello there,

The JR Pass works great if you explore Japan using the bullet train. For example, a return Tokyo - Kyoto nearly pays a 7 day JR Pass itself. From there any additional travel is what you can save. So using a 7 day JR Pass is a very interesting option if you plan on exploring Japan, or even just if you want to make a couple of side trips.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert_button_2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $254.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.