questions & answers: general japan travel

2014 xmas-new year osaka/kyoto/hakone/tokyo

2014 Xmas-New Year OSAKA/KYOTO/HAKONE/TOKYO

Hi I'm traveling with my fiancée just two of us. I'm flying in Kansai airport, 3 nites Osaka, 1 nite Kyoto, 1 nite Hakone & 3 nites Tokyo. Kindly advise whether to buy 7 Days JR PASS or normal train/Shinkansen tickets when in Japan

TQ

swordfish
swordfish

Hi there,

I checked the best option for this itinerary and would advise buying normal tickets. The JR Pass would have been a very nice option when you returned from Tokyo - Osaka/Kansai. Now your longer distance travel is limited to a one way Kyoto - Hakone, all other routes are close together and not very pricey.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert_button_2

Hi

Noted on your comment. How and where to get the train schedule for respective stages? Especially the Kyoto to Hakone stage where need to change trains at 3 stations. The time table critical to plan my journey properly to avoid situation where I need to wait 30 or 60 mins in between the stations.

Thank you again

swordfish
swordfish

Hi again,

I would recommend reading our blog post on how to plan with Hyperdia. Here you can find all the timetables required.

Good to know is that the Shinkansen station for Hakone is called Odawara, this will make for the easiest access into the area.

72a8815842aa5db137c135807bd6bb11?s=50&d=mm
Daniel-san
Expert_button_2

Order your Japan Rail Pass Online

Starting from $282.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Please note: we are only able to handle order related enquiries via our online direct support. Commercial advertising is prohibited as per our website terms.