Order Your JRPass
Back to General Japan Travel

JR pass(50000 yen) or Kansai Hiroshima area pass(17000 yen)?

ranjith j
ranjith j
about 1 month ago
5 responses

1)We arrive on 3rd May - Kansai airport and transfer to Kyoto by train - 4 night hotel stay there and doing the following - 4th full day trip to Hiroshima +/- Miyajima(is it doable?) , 5th and 6th- Arashiyama bamboo forest, Nara deer park,Kyoto botanical garden, Kodaji temple (spring light up),Maruyama Koen Park, Fushimi minato park, Kyoto Nishimi market. Will there be time for any thing more? and if so what would you recommend?

2)transfer to Shin Fuji by train on 7th for 2 night stay- Hire self drive vehicle to travel to Fuji lakes, Gotemba, 5th station etc. any recommendations / alternatives?

3) transfer to Tokyo by train on 9th for 2 night hotel stay. No specific itinerary just visit city touristic spots (no long distance travel.). on the 11th transfer to Narita airport by train for the return home flight

My questions are 1)should we buy JR 7 day pass or 5 day Kansai Hiroshima area pass and buy separate train tickets for Kyoto to ShinFuji and then to Tokyo and then to Narita.

2)do we need additional tickets/ passes for travel with in Kyoto Osaka/ Nara area, Hiroshima?

3)Is there any pass that cover2 days in Tokyo and transfer to Narita.airport on the 3rd day?

Alexis
Alexis
551 posts
29 days ago
Expert

Hi there,

Hiroshima and Miyajima is definitely doable in one day. I think for Kyoto your schedule is already quite full but if you want more recommendations you can look here at our blog on Kyoto.

Hiring a car to get to the Fuji lakes is a good option - it is covered by bus travel but hiring a car definitely gives you more freedom.

I would recommend purchasing a 7-day JR Pass for your stay as it'll cover all of your rail transport links and will also include basic metro travel in Osaka and Tokyo via the Osaka loop line and JR Yamanote line respectively. Because you'll be making use of the Shinkansen bullet trains a lot it is likely that purchasing a pass will be cost effective. If you desire to make full use of public transport in Kyoto, Tokyo etc. I would recommend purchasing a prepaid travel card such as a SUICA or a PASMO.

Hope this helps!

Alexis

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $333.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17475 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes